The Standing Rock protest is an effort to block the Dakota Access pipeline. This pipeline will carry 450,000 barrels of oil per day, over the Bakken fields of North Dakota, 1,172 miles to Patoka, Illinois. This pipeline poses the same threats to public health and the environment that the Keystone XL line does.
From Sacred Stone:
A broad multi-state coalition of tribes, landowners and environmental groups issued a statement speaking out against the project. The coalition called the USACE process “an egregious violation of the relevant federal environmental laws and the 1851 and 1868 treaties between the US and the L/D/Nakota Nations, which remain the supreme law of the land.”
We are not expendable. We have a right to live. Please stand with us as we protect our sacred lands. Water is life, mni wiconi.
If you wish to stand with Standing Rock, here’s how you can help:
- Donate to the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe Dakota Access Pipeline fund.
- Raise awareness via social media using the hashtag #NoDAPL.
- Contribute to the Sacred Stone Legal Defense Fund to fight legislation in court.
- Buy the T-shirt. Raise awareness and donate to the fund.
- Sign the petition to the White House to Stop DAPL:
- Send supplies thorough Amazon. Access the Camp of Sacred Stones supplies wish list here.